Saturday, August 20, 2011

Let's get started...

Hello! I am not really sure where I want to take this blog, so I am just jumping in feet first.  I like the idea of it being like a diary--sort of yet another way of documenting my memories, but I am not really sure.  I am posting a quick card I made for my mother for her birthday.  If she happens to stumble onto my blog she'll get a sneak peek (not likely!)  The card was so simple! I used a friend's Cuttlebug for the background (Thanks Vanessa!) and a Wordsworth happy birthday stamp.  My mom is a huge bird lover and I think she will really like this card.

I SO have to have a Cuttlbug!!!  Again, thanks Vanessa!!! :)



I scanned this card instead of taking a photo.  The ribbon and the background exactly match.

Hugs to all~

4 comments:

Vanessa Middleton said...

Hello and welcome to the blogosphere! :) You are SO welcome for me introducing you to the Cuttlebug. It truly is one of my favorite tools, you have to have one. I'm sure your mom will love the card and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Helen!!! You are one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met and you are the BEST hugger EVER. I love you... and your daughter Brenda, too!!! <3

Paula S. said...

Great examples of a CAS card! I have to admit that while it's tempting to buy each and every new crafting toy out there the embossing folders (which I use with my Sizzix Big Shot, that I already owned when I discovered the Cuttlebug products) are probably the best investment I have ever made. They get a ton of use, all year long in the cards I make for Operation Write Home.

Linda said...

Super elegant! I do not yet own an embossing machine. I need to get my s"crap" room more organized before I can even think about it. Embossing really takes cards to a whole new level!

Anonymous said...

that's such a pretty card, I love visiting blogs and coming away with new and different ideas. . .thanks for sharing
AJS